Job Title: AV Project Manager/Engineer
As an AV Project Manager/Engineer, you will be responsible for the design, implementation, and management of audiovisual (AV) projects. Your role will involve working closely with clients, vendors, and internal teams to deliver high-quality AV solutions that meet the needs of the organization. You will be involved in all stages of the project lifecycle, from initial scoping and requirements gathering to installation, configuration, testing, and ongoing support.
- Project Planning: Collaborate with clients and stakeholders to understand project requirements, objectives, and constraints. Develop project plans, timelines, and budgets.
- Design and Engineering: Create detailed AV system designs, including equipment selection, wiring diagrams, infrastructure requirements, and integration with existing systems. Ensure compliance with industry standards and best practices.
- Procurement: Identify and source appropriate AV equipment, software, and materials. Coordinate with vendors and manage procurement processes, including negotiating contracts and pricing.
- Installation and Configuration: Oversee the physical installation of AV equipment, including displays, speakers, microphones, cameras, control systems, and networking components. Configure and integrate AV systems with other technologies, such as video conferencing, room control, and automation systems.
- Testing and Troubleshooting: Conduct comprehensive testing of AV systems to ensure proper functionality, performance, and user experience. Troubleshoot and resolve any issues or technical problems that arise during the testing phase or in the operational environment.
- Documentation: Create and maintain accurate project documentation, including system designs, as-built drawings, equipment lists, user manuals, and troubleshooting guides. Update project status reports and communicate progress to stakeholders.
- Training and Support: Provide training to end-users on how to operate and maintain AV systems. Offer technical support and troubleshooting assistance to users and address their inquiries or concerns promptly.
- Quality Assurance: Ensure that AV projects meet quality standards and adhere to relevant regulations and industry best practices. Implement quality control processes to identify and address any potential risks or deficiencies.
- Stay Updated: Keep abreast of emerging AV technologies, trends, and industry developments. Continuously enhance your technical knowledge and skills through training and professional development opportunities.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field (or equivalent work experience).
- Strong knowledge of audiovisual systems, including audio and video signal flow, digital signal processing, control systems, and network integration.
- Proficiency in AV system design tools and software (e.g., AutoCAD, Revit, EASE, DSP programming tools).
- Experience in managing AV projects from inception to completion, including planning, budgeting, and resource allocation.
- Familiarity with industry standards and best practices, such as Infocomm, CTS certifications, and AVIXA.
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills, with the ability to analyze complex technical issues and provide effective solutions.
- * Strong communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate with clients, vendors, and team members effectively.
- * Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- * Attention to detail, organization, and the ability to prioritize and multitask effectively.
- * Flexibility to travel to client sites as required for project implementation and support.