This client-facing position is responsible for accomplishing stated project objectives. Develop project objectives, project requirements and manage project risk and constraints. Act as liaison between project stakeholders and coordinate all project deliverables. Primary responsibility for project communications and quality control.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work within PMO and project framework to coordinate all aspects of assigned project deliverables including:
Develop project plan, schedule & milestones
- Verify that scope and deliverables match stakeholder requirements and fit within business goals
- Manage and monitor all project activities according to plan
- Coordinate and distribute project progress updates as required in the plan
- Coordinate and schedule all project resources, internal and external
- Manage and maintain project records, electronic files, and database information
- Ensure compliance with document management control processes
- Responsible for managing both local and remote projects (30% local / 70% Remote)
- Maintain and manage project financial plan and budget
- Review, approve or escalate contract T&C's as required based on business goals
- Manage project financial milestones
- Manage labor expenses for internal resources and subcontractors
- Coordinate and complete all potential change orders
- Monitor project activities for potential sales opportunities
- Manage material deliveries, secure storage, and returns
- When required, ensure that shipping, delivery, and storage documentation is accurate and complete
- Manage and monitor project risk with escalation as required
- Ensure compliance with time tracking and financial records
- Manage acceptance testing, sign off and project close-out
- Provide project leadership:
Assume ownership of project success
Act in accordance with core values and professionally manage stakeholder expectations
Provide positive and effective communications to all stakeholders
Participate in project meetings and site work as required by the project plan
Lead project team efficiency using collaboration tools creatively
Ensure that all project resources have complete and accurate information required to fulfill their project role
Ensure that all project deliverables meet or exceed quality standards and are documented within the project quality control process
Other duties as assigned.
Experience and/or Education
- Bachelor's degree in an appropriate Business or Management field; or 5-7 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated technical project management experience, as well as an in-depth understanding of acoustics, basic electrical and audiovisual systems, is expected.
- Working knowledge and direct experience with related products and services utilized within projects.
- Experience dealing with customers and construction contractors.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Candidates must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, or begin the vaccination process within two weeks of their employment date.
- Excellent communication skills are required.
- Ability to analyze, and interpret complex documents including product specifications, wiring diagrams, and architectural drawings.
- Proficient in MS Office and business communication tools along with strong communications skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to respond effectively to sensitive customer inquiries or complaints.
- Ability to comprehend and apply principles of modern algebra and acoustical equations.
- Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, musical notes, etc.,) in its most difficult phases.
- Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
Coordinate required activities with internal, external resources. Manage subcontractors and field personnel through the PMO and Operations Management. Does not directly manage personnel.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The work environment can be loud and dusty. On-site environments are similar to those inside building construction sites.
equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- PMP (Preferred)