The candidate will be expected to advise, consult and plan small to large, simple to complex, audio-visual projects that include traditional AV systems, public address, conference rooms and digital display systems, mostly in Higher Education.
The company opens a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a FULLY REMOTE role.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the AV system design and/or consulting from its inception to completion.
- Develop and evaluate AV system concepts and options to determine best design and engineering solution for each project based upon project scope.
- Responsible for producing the design of the AV systems including preparation of all design tasks including equipment selections, systems layouts, block diagrams, and schedules; working with our low voltage and electrical designers to provide power loads and infrastructure requirements.
- Support the development of detailed design drawings, specifications, request for proposals, and bridging documents for bidding and construction.
- Perform systems analysis and prepare reports and studies as well as cost estimates.
- Actively interface and coordinate with hardware and software manufacturers, external clients, consultants, and construction partners.
- Perform construction administration services, commissioning, testing, and training.
- Assist team in achieving project budget and management of resources.
- Provide mentorship for other engineers and designers within the organization.
- CTS, CTS-D, and/or CTS-I certifications or similar industry certification is preferred.
- 5+ years of experience installation of AV systems
- Experience working with architecture, engineering, and construction partners.
- Working knowledge of industry leading hardware manufacturers and software providers
- 3+ years working experience with EASE acoustical modeling software, Autodesk, and MS Office Products.
- Autodesk REVIT experience
- Ability to self-manage throughout the project and work as part of a team.
- Proven communication, organizational, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills.
- Active participation in relevant industry organizations.
If you're intersted in hearing more about this opportunity, don't hesitate to apply!