Senior MEP Engineer
Exciting new opportunity has opened up with a leading MEP design firm. They are looking for someone to come in and work/manage a variety of projects, providing a high level of technical leadership in building design systems.
As a group leader/senior engineer you will focus on team engagement and retention. In your role you will:
- Be responsible for resource allocation, including budget and personnel
- Have a wide understanding of all MEP systems coordination in the building
- Perform highly complex and expert level mechanical, electrical, or plumbing building design on a variety of projects in compliance with National and local building codes. Oversee the selection and specification of equipment
- Oversee, and perform when needed, design calculations; and design energy efficient systems that set the standards for building system designs that meet latest Energy Codes
- Make design recommendations and design decisions with high degree of autonomy; assign duties to staff working on projects; review designs from junior staff
- Assist in the preparation of client proposals, basis-of-design descriptions, responses to client comments and other project-related documentation. Review submittals and provide responses to Requests for Information.
- Developing strategic business development skills by establishing trusted relationships with clients
Education: Bachelors degree in Engineering; strong preference in having passed the PE exam
- Minimum 12 years of experience as a MEP engineer; project management experience required
- Expert knowledge of building codes and standards
- Knowledge of engineering drafting standards, mechanical engineering standards, and other trades
- Demonstrable understanding of construction process and interpretation of construction drawings
- Strong working knowledge of Bluebeam, AutoCAD and Revit required
If you are interested in being that team leader please apply today!