Company Summary: This renewable energy developer is a leading clean-tech company, who develops, finances, owns and operates utility-scale and distributed solar and storage projects across the country. The company was recently acquired by a large, publicly-traded private equity firm - and is ramping up its financing activities to support increased growth of its development and M&A platforms. Fostering a diverse group of innovative thinkers from all backgrounds, employees are drawn to work in a purpose-driven organization.
Position Summary: The Associate will be a critical member of deal teams, with primary responsibilities for transaction financial modeling, overseeing due diligence workstreams and coordinating cross-functionally with subject matter experts and external consultants. They will play a lead role in coordinating presentations of proposed transactions for the company. This position will report directly to the Managing Director, M&A.
The Associate will be responsible for:
- Financial modeling and valuation analyses for M&A opportunities and strategic initiatives
- Preparing presentation materials for new opportunities to effectively communicate investment thesis, key value drivers, sensitivity analyses and market dynamics
- Creation and enhancement of analytical tools to optimize financial models and streamline processes
- Maintain databases related to deal pipeline and market research
- Work cross-functionally across the company's subject matter experts, including but not limited to Development team, Structured Finance team and Legal team
The Associate should have the following qualifications:
- BA/BS degree (MBAs welcome)
- At least 2 years of finance experience required (investment banking, principal investing and/or corporate M&A experience is strongly preferred; experience or familiarity with project debt and tax equity structures is a plus)
- Strong financial analysis and modeling skills
- Demonstrated interest in the renewable energy industry
- Successful completion of an Excel-based modeling test will be required
If interested in the position, do not hesitate in applying!