An award-winning Real Estate company is looking to add an Architect/Designer to their innovative, collaborative and customer focused team in Frederick, MD!
- Follow written and verbal guidelines to produce new or modified designs, with a focus on simplicity, value engineering, and reduced production complexity.
- Ensure building code compliance across all geographic markets.
- Maintain and coordinate assigned portion of the project schedule as well as work with other members of the project group to ensure overall project completion.
- Complete major projects, with minimal supervision, displaying expertise and knowledge of construction, structure, and structural specification.
- Utilize knowledge of panel fabrication, roof truss framing, truss engineering, mechanical systems design and other design and structural knowledge to complete project work as needed.
- May be required to utilize truss engineering software to design value engineered truss components, utilizing an understanding of roof framing components.
- Integration of mechanical systems design and related documentation may be required.
- Coordinate phases of project to be completed by consultants, as directed.
- Maintain accurate records of hours worked on each project.
- Approve and seal documents, as required, using an Architectural license and must maintain requirements of that license.
- NCARB Recognized Architectural License
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture or similar field
- 7+ years of residential design experience required
- Ability to read and interpret construction documents
- Efficient use of AutoCAD is required; Sketch UP proficiency is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changing demands in a fast-paced, professional team environment
- Strong attention to detail and planning and organizational abilities
- Well-developed problem solving and analytical skills
About the firm:
- Committed to your success and we will give you the tools, training, and industry knowledge you need to excel and thrive
- Tenured and talented management team, nearly 80% of them promoted from within
- Offers traditional benefits, among the best in the industry
- Employees stock ownership through a profit sharing trust as part of our retirement savings package
- Has had the highest Earnings Per Share growth rate in the home-building industry for the past 10 years
- Annual company picnic, food-trucks, pizza lunches, and other social events every month!
Sound like a good fit for you? Apply here!