LVI is one of the leading Energy and Infrastructure recruitment firm. We offer a bespoke service to our clients that allows us to utilize industry gossip to maximize our reach for both candidates and our current and future clients. Within the renewable energy space, we have upwards of 50 clients which we can introduce our candidates to!
The client is an industry leader in the development, acquisition and operation of renewables and energy storage. With a 2.4+ GW operating portfolio and a substantial development pipeline, the client represents one of the nation's largest non-utility portfolios of renewables and energy storage. They are dedicated to solving a critical challenge in the transformation of our energy systems: decarbonizing electricity supply while maintaining affordability, reliability and resilience. With a focus on innovation, they continually seeks to optimize solutions in step with an evolving regulatory, political, environmental and market landscape.
Managerial responsibility for the workflow of 3 to 5 employees. Instructs or reviews work assigned to other employees engaged in general accounting activities. Provides guidance to other employees in areas of subject matter expertise. Coordinates accounting matters with other departments and locations. Prepares US GAAP compliant audited financial statements, including footnotes, and various other management accounting reports. Maintains accounting general ledgers for assigned companies. Analyzes financial transactions, reports and records to ensure compliance to US GAAP, Accounting Guidelines and/or other "agreed to" procedures. Prepares, reviews, and verifies the accuracy of journal entries and accounting classifications assigned to various records. Conducts reviews of business and administrative processes and develops or recommends accounting methods and procedures. Assists with external audit and SOX preparation of assigned entities.
- Responsible for implementing and fostering "best in class" accounting processes in the accounting organization, including collaboration with other departments and locations.
- Manage general ledgers, financial reporting and other accounting activities for assigned entities.
- Manage and coordinate ongoing financial reporting and accounting, inclusive of audited and unaudited financial statements, monthly actual/budget/forecast variance reporting, monthly general ledger closings, budgeting, forecasting and transaction processing. Also, coordinate with accounts payable team to ensure efficient processing and accurate recording of disbursements.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Managerial responsibility for the workflow of 3 to 5 employees, including detail review of work performed.
- Prepares consolidated and stand-alone financial statements, including footnotes and audit quality supporting documentation.
- Primary interface with external audit team to facilitate completion of financial statement audits.
- Responsible for completion of general ledger accounting trial balances on a monthly basis for assigned companies. Information must be completed timely and accurately. Must be able to answer review questions on content and explain accounting and business rationale as required.
- Supports general ledger processing; reviews, prepares and enters month end and other required journal entries.
- Reviews compliance of accounting and internal control procedures through the review of transaction documentation and other analytical procedures as deemed appropriate. Communicates conflicts and makes recommendations for corrective action as appropriate. Evaluates and revises, as needed, the effectiveness of the internal control systems and procedures.
- Reviews transaction classifications within general ledger chart of account and project subaccount structures. Makes recommendations to update classifications and structures; to improve the classification of expenses to their proper area, to assist in controlling expenditures, and to streamline the data processing support required during month end.
- Ensure compliance with debt and other contractual agreements and arrangements.
- Account for M&A activity as it occurs.
- Reviews accounts payable information for accuracy and completeness prior to entry in general ledger.
- Provides management with related financial and other information required by them to carry out their assigned responsibilities.
- Keeps accounting management informed on issues within the assigned areas of responsibility and supplies support for any financial data request.
- Reviews and/or completes assigned balance sheet account analysis. Reviews monthly transactions and balances for accuracy.
- Reviews and/or prepare budget and forecasts based on actual and projected information obtained from management and self-developed. Exercise professional skepticism on assumptions included and determine reasonableness of estimates.
- Responsible for overseeing maintenance of ERP, including set-up of new companies, account and project codes, user access and security, writing reports, and troubleshooting processing irregularities.
- Ensures compliance with the relevant sections of the Accounting Guidelines.
- Participates under minimum supervision, on broad assignments requiring originality and ingenuity with some latitude for unreviewed decisions.
- Conducts the content development of each assignment, including documentation of accounting policies and procedures where necessary.
- Coordinates activity of assigned personnel, while conferring with manager on unusual matters.
- Provides status reports on work in progress.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, prioritize multiple competing tasks and meet multiple competing project deadlines
- Strong work ethic and well organized
- Analytical and critical reasoning abilities, with strong numeric skills
- Interpersonal skills, with the ability to work well with others
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interface with different levels and functions of the organization as well as external auditors
- Project-oriented with a goal to complete assignments on time
- Balances team and individual responsibilities
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting required, CPA/advanced degree desired
- 6-9 plus years' experience in the Accounting field, prior SOX experience strongly desired
- US GAAP compliant reporting experience, including financial statements and footnote, required
- Comprehensive knowledge of U.S. GAAP theory and practice. Renewable energy or power experience a plus
- Ability to comprehend contracts and agreements, as well as, identify and implement related required accounting activities
- Intermediate level business system computer skills including exposure to general ledger, and financial reporting packages
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Experience using Microsoft Dynamics, OneStream and Workiva platforms experience a plus