LVI is one of the leading Energy and Infrastructure recruitment firm. We offer a bespoke service to our clients that allows us to utilize industry gossip to maximize our reach for both candidates and our current and future clients. Within the renewable energy space, we have upwards of 50 clients which we can introduce our candidates to!
The client is an industry leader in the development, acquisition and operation of renewables and energy storage. With a 2.4+ GW operating portfolio and a substantial development pipeline, the client represents one of the nation's largest non-utility portfolios of renewables and energy storage. They are dedicated to solving a critical challenge in the transformation of our energy systems: decarbonizing electricity supply while maintaining affordability, reliability and resilience. With a focus on innovation, they continually seek to optimize solutions in step with an evolving regulatory, political, environmental and market landscape.
This individual will maintain the accounting general ledgers for assigned companies. Analyzes financial transactions, reports and records, to ensure compliance to US GAAP, Accounting Guidelines and/or other "agreed to" procedures. Prepares reviews and verifies the accuracy of journal entries and accounting classifications assigned to various records. Prepares basic financial statements and various other management accounting reports. Conducts reviews of administrative processes and develops or recommends accounting methods and procedures. Ensures compliance with debt reporting requirements for assigned companies. Instructs or reviews work assigned to other employees engaged in general accounting activities. Provides guidance to other employees in areas of subject matter expertise. Coordinates accounting matters with other departments and locations.
- Responsible for completion of general ledger accounting trial balances on a monthly basis for assigned companies. Tasks must be completed timely and accurately. Must be able to answer review questions on content and explain accounting and business rationale as required.
- Supports general ledger processing; prepares and enters month end and other required journal entries.
- Supports the preparation of consolidated and stand-alone financial statements, including footnotes and audit quality documentation.
- Reviews compliance of accounting and internal control procedures through the review of transaction documentation and other analytical procedures as deemed appropriate. Communicates conflicts and makes recommendations for corrective action as appropriate.
- Reviews transaction classifications within general ledger chart of account and project subaccount structures. Makes recommendations to update classifications and structures; to improve the classification of expenses to their proper area, to assist in controlling expenditures, and to streamline the data processing support required during month end.
- Review accounts payable information for accuracy and completeness prior to entry in general ledger.
- Provides management with related financial and other information required by them to carry out their assigned responsibilities.
- Keeps accounting management informed on issues within the assigned areas of responsibility and supplies support for any financial data request.
- Completes assigned balance sheet account reconciliation and analysis. Reviews monthly transactions and balances for accuracy.
- Prepare budget and forecasts based on actual and projected information obtained from management and self-developed.
- Responsible for cash management and compliance with project credit agreements, where applicable.
- Responsible for accounting computer system maintenance including set-up of new companies, account and project codes, user access and security, writing reports, and troubleshooting processing irregularities.
- Strong work ethic and well organized.
- Comfortable performing multi-faceted projects in conjunction with normal activities.
- Analytical and reasoning abilities, with strong numeric skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with the ability to work well with others.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interface with different levels and functions of the organization as well as external auditors.
- Project oriented with a goal to complete assignments on time.
- Balances team and individual responsibilities.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting required. Advanced degree and/or CPA a plus.
- 3-5 plus years' experience in the accounting field.
- Some familiarity with US GAAP reporting requirements.
- Ability to comprehend contracts and agreements, as well as, identify and implement related required accounting activities.
- Intermediate level business system computer skills including exposure to general ledger, and financial reporting packages. Experience using Microsoft Dynamics, OneStream and Workiva platforms experience a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel and Word.