We are seeking a professional engineer with experience managing and executing work involving projects for the municipal water and wastewater industry. In this role you will utilize your consulting expertise to develop, manage and execute work on projects and to help ensure successful client relationships. You will also work closely with and be mentored by strong technical experts and business development experts along with other leaders in the Midwest Area and East Region.
Primary responsibilities will include:
* Manage and execute planning and design work for wastewater and water utilities, including plant operations, comprehensive planning, and infrastructure conveyance and design projects
* Develop scope, schedule, and budget for new projects * Lead project teams in planning and/or designing a major engineering project and coordinate special planning, economic, and engineering studies.
* Develop design documents and specifications through collaboration with outside vendors and team members
* Provide consultation services in specialized areas (wastewater plan operations, plant conveyance, master planning, wet weather and water distribution), make decisions and solve problems
* Prepare and make presentations to clients
* Successfully manage and deliver projects on time and on budget
* Utilize internal project management and risk management tools and resources
* Participate in improving company resources and tools to improve design production and efficiency
* Direct the work of drafters and designers, coordinate with other disciplines
* Supervise, delegate, and oversee the work of technical staff and engineers
* Participate in BC's QA/QC, risk management and PMO processes
* Assist with business development and pursuits
* Contribute to marketing team in developing proposals and presentations including project understanding and approaches
Desired Skills and Experience:
* B.S. degree in related engineering field (Civil, Environmental etc.) required
* M.S. degree in related engineering field with a wastewater plant operations preferred
* Minimum of 5 years of professional experience related to municipal water and wastewater engineering and consulting
* Professional Engineer (PE) license in the State of Ohio
* Strong project management and leadership skills
* Successful marketing, proposal writing, proposal management, and public presentations experience a plus
* Strong written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated ability to conduct effective presentations and written report preparation
* Proficiency with Microsoft Suite including Word, Outlook, Teams, Project, Excel and PowerPoint is required.
* Excellent technical writing skills required
* Previous supervisory or mentoring experience a plus
* Valid driver's license and good driving record required
* Ability to walk slowly around a field site of varying size that may have areas of tall plant growth, uneven, muddy, and/or rocky ground to perform inspections and take photographs.
* Ability to wear required safety equipment at sites including hard hats, steel toed boots (or other approved toe protection), etc.
* Climb stairs (2-3 flights) or ladders (up to 24 foot typically) to access structures for visual inspection.
* Lifting - objects, such as Manhole covers, on job sites less than 30 pounds
Benefits and Other Compensation: We provide a comprehensive benefits package that promotes employee health, performance, and success which includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, an employee assistance program, paid time off and parental leave, paid holidays, 401(k) retirement savings plan with employer match, performance-based bonus eligibility, employee referral bonuses, tuition reimbursement, pet insurance and long-term care insurance.