Senior Project Manager/Technical Lead - Water/Wastewater will design or oversee projects involving provision of potable water, disposal of wastewater and sewage, or prevention of flood-related damage, of a complex nature. Approves and prepares proposals and cost estimates and evaluates all project progress and recommends changes.
* Represents project work in client meetings and continues to cultivate relationships with client organizations.
* May provide work leadership and training to more junior professional and technical staff and provides technical guidance to less experienced professionals or technicians assigned to work on a common project.
* Intermittently, investigates and advises on unusual and difficult problems encountered in the water/wastewater engineering practice.
* Uses and applies advanced engineering principles and has a working knowledge of advanced technical research.
* Plans, conducts and coordinates engineering assignments, involving several smaller and some higher revenue projects, of varying complexity.
* Professional Licensed Engineer. Actively participates in local professional organization(s).
Your Key Responsibilities
* Perform more advanced engineering design tasks on assigned projects under minimal supervision, including engineering drawings, engineering reports, presentations, and required applications to regulatory and/or funding agencies.
* Develop project scope, budgets, and design approach for projects, and support marketing and business development professionals in positioning for potential projects, writing technical portions of proposals,participating in client interviews, and supporting negotiations for project contracts.
* Collaborate with stakeholders in client project requirement meetings, coordination meetings with internal and/or external consultants, owner and contractor, sub-contractors, and vendors in preparation and coordination of project specifications.
* Lead project coordination meetings with internal team members and/or external consultants, owner and contractor, sub-contractors, and vendors.
* Perform on technically complex projects and may act as a technical resource to other team members.
* Apply advanced knowledge of current principles and practices of water/wastewater engineering and keeps informed of new methods and developments.
* Apply knowledge and expertise acquired through progressive experience to resolve complex issues where precedent may be limited.
* Assist and/or lead the development of proposals and contract negotiations.
* Contribute to the development of new standards and specifications of water/wastewater design.
* May supervise the work of other project resources, including setting the project budget and their schedules for completing the work in conjunction with the Project Manager(s).
* Engineer of record on own work product, work of non-licensed engineers and technologists.Qualifications
Your Capabilities and Credentials
* Experience and expertise with the design of conveyance projects in urbanized, congested areas.
* Experience with the design of water, sewer, and drainage infrastructure 24-inches in diameter and larger.
Education and Experience
* Bachelor's Degree Engineering with an emphasis in Civil Engineering.
* Minimum of 7 years of professional experience
* PE License