My client is seeking a Water Resources Project Engineer to join their growing Water Resources group in the Midwest (Michigan, Ohio, Illinois, Wisconsin, Iowa, Missouri, Minnesota).
As a Water Resources Project Engineer, you will have the opportunity to work with design staff and team members on a wide range of water resources projects including but not limited to any of the following: floodplain modeling and mapping studies; municipal water resources projects; stream restoration design; dam removal; or analysis and design of stormwater or highway drainage systems.
Your ability to complete hydraulic and hydrologic modeling using a various software is crucial to success in this position. Other responsibilities may include:
* Preparing and reviewing working drawings, plans, cost estimates, studies, reports, and other work products
* Analysis and design of stormwater drainage system, hydraulic structures, and highway drainage systems.
* Must be capable of performing independent tasks, reviewing technical work of others
* Mentoring and training junior level staff
* Writing technical reports and memoranda
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to work collaboratively in a dynamic team environment
* BA/BS and 2 years of relevant experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education
* 4 years of relevant water resource related experience
* Passed Fundamentals of Engineering exam
* Professional Engineer's License
* Experience and familiarity with the following programs: HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS1D/2D, SRH-2D, xpSWMM, HydroCAD, ArcGIS, CADD
* Strong analytical and computation skills
* Knowledge of civil engineering design principles
Join us and let's get started!