We are offering a unique opportunity to join our Detroit office providing high quality wastewater engineering services to the municipal and industrial clients throughout the region and across the nation. The successful candidate will be a motivated, growth oriented professional with an ability to lead multi-discipline project teams from the concept, final design, construction phases, start-up, and operations of facilities. You will have staff to mentor and clients to support. Not only will you have engineers to support you, but our integrated operations and SCADA team will help you deliver a better product. And, you will be an active participant in our delivery system improvement programs.
The selected candidate will primarily provide engineering support on sanitary wastewater projects, however experience with drinking water and storm water applications is valuable. This position will have an opportunity to direct and collaborate with a team of junior staff. The ideal candidate is a Technical Manager with strong experience in study, planning, and design of water and wastewater systems. Familiarity with a broad range of issues related to master planning, treatment and collection/distribution in water or wastewater systems. Candidate will lead the technical delivery of multiple projects and must be familiar with local regulators and must also be able to support marketing and proposal efforts, as appropriate.
- Acts as the technical lead for all sizes of projects, including having interaction related to all technical tasks associated with the project.
- Supports Project Manager with and/or directly manages the financial and technical delivery of project tasks including scope, schedule, and budget.
- Determines technical approach for specific tasks.
- Prepares and delivers presentations to internal and/or external clients/professional societies
- Provides input on development of our design or technical guidelines and standards.
- The successful candidate should have technical and project management expertise in the field of civil and environmental engineering and have in-depth understanding of the engineering concepts associated with all types of municipal water systems including distribution system hydraulic modeling, water treatment processes and distribution systems infrastructure.
- Well versed in state and EPA regulations regarding water treatment and distribution systems.
- Knowledgeable in state bidding laws and SRF programs.
- Up to date on the latest advances in technology, regulatory trends, equipment and processes.
- Superior writing, communication and presentation skills.
- 10+ years of engineering experience.
- B.S. Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering, M.S. Degree preferred.
- Registered Professional Engineer.