Summary: A large, financially stable, innovative General Contractor is seeking an experienced Tunneling Superintendent for a project in Virginia Beach. The Tunneling Superintendent should have experience and knowledge of all things related to: highway, bridge, tunnel, and excavation projects.
The Tunneling Superintendent will be responsible for coordinating between the field engineers, estimators and workforce to ensure a timely and accurate completion of all phases of the project. The Tunneling Superintendent will create schedules and present production plans throughout the project.
The Tunneling Superintendent will be responsible for:
- Overseeing budgets, crews, equipment and scheduling
- Coordinating with internal staff and vendors to ensure the project is well equipped
- Providing technical input to identify and resolve any risks
- Ensuring safety measures are adhered during all steps of the project
The Tunneling Superintendent should have the following qualifications:
- Located in Virginia Beach or willing to relocate
- 15+ years of experience in Heavy Civil construction
- Significant experience with any of the following: tunneling, deep utility installations, deep shoring installations, large scale excavations, bridge construction and highway expansions
- Advanced knowledge of construction site equipment operation and maintenance
- Understanding of safety protocols and ability to enforce project safety programs
- Competitive salary + relocation if required
- Opportunity to work on a unique, fast paced and complex project
- 401K, insurance, PTO