A mid-size firm that is well established in the Southern California market is looking for a Mid to Senior Transportation/Roadway Engineer to join their group. The firm is a well-recognized firm, that has great relationships with Caltrans, as well as local counties and municipalities. This is a great opportunity for a Transportation Engineer or Senior Engineer to largely impact the practice of this firm! This person will be passionate about supporting the development of transportation design projects and plans. Projects will involve roadway/highway design, transportation management, municipal streets, and pedestrian facilities.
This firm has active backlog and is continuing to win work throughout California. The firm offers multiple bonuses throughout the year, as well as competitive pay. They have excellent benefits, and have actively taken care of their employees with a work life balance.
The right candidate would manage the roadway group projects, while becoming involved in business development. The day to day duties would include:
- Training and mentoring younger staff on best engineering practices
- Training staff on design standards with Caltrans and other clients standards
- Help lead business development efforts with other senior leaders on the team
- Manage active projects, and be Project Manager of record
Skills and Qualifications:
- Civil engineering degree with 8+ years of design experience in all aspects of transportation design; or equivalent level of experience
- PE license in California
- Advance knowledge of and experience with Microstation, AutoCAD, Geopak, Corridor Modeling and/or Open Roads
- Knowledge of California design standards and practices and experience in project development
- Strong engineering analysis and judgement
- Experience in managing and organizing multiple tasks and related disciplines
- Ability to manage and train support staff
Please reach out to me at for more questions or to schedule a time to discuss the role in further detail!