As the California Highway Roadway Transportation Practice Builder (Seller/Doer), you will play a pivotal role in driving business growth while actively contributing your expertise to projects. Your responsibilities will include:
Business Development: Proactively identify and cultivate business opportunities in the highway roadway transportation projects across California. Develop and execute strategic plans to expand our client base, foster relationships, and secure new projects.
Client Engagement: Engage with clients to understand their needs, provide tailored solutions, and manage client relationships. Leverage your extensive network to maintain and enhance our reputation as a trusted advisor in transportation infrastructure.
Project Leadership: Lead and contribute to the technical aspects of highway roadway transportation projects. Provide expertise in design, engineering, and planning, ensuring the successful execution and delivery of projects.
Team Collaboration: Collaborate closely with multidisciplinary teams, including engineers, planners, designers, and project managers. Provide leadership, mentorship, and technical guidance to team members.
Thought Leadership: Stay abreast of industry trends, regulations, and emerging technologies. Share your insights through thought leadership initiatives such as presentations, articles, and conference participation.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or a related field. Master's degree preferred.
- Professional Engineer (PE) license in the state of California.
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in highway/roadway, including design, project management, and business development.
- Demonstrated success in business development and client relationship management within the transportation sector.
- Proven ability to secure new projects and lead pursuits from identification through proposal submission.
- Strong technical knowledge of highway/roadway design, standards, and regulations.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, with the ability to effectively convey technical concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Leadership skills, with experience in mentoring and guiding teams to achieve project success.
- Existing network and relationships within the California transportation industry and around the globe.
- Competitive compensation package including base salary and performance-based incentives.
- Comprehensive benefits package, including health, dental, and retirement plans.
- Opportunity to shape and drive the growth of the highway/ roadway transportation practice in California.
- Collaborative and innovative work environment with a focus on professional development.