Telecommunications Design Engineer - Data Centers
A Top 10 ENR Firm is looking for a Telecommunication Design Engineer specializing in data center cable/conduit routing, equipment rack layouts, wired and wireless communications and floor plans to support multiple hyper scale data center projects.
The successful Telecommunications Design Engineer will work with an integrated design team to:
- Detailed design of large-scale data center telecommunication environments.
- Assist with a full range of drawing and modeling production work including problem analysis. The desired candidate will have proficiency in modeling conduit and cable tray as well as managing and creating complex families with custom parameters within Autodesk Revit.
- Assist with a variety of assignments using prescribed methods and standard techniques including drawing sequence and presentation, sizing various system components and cables, and refining rough sketches.
- Assist with analyzing reports, drawings, and calculations; create and maintain bill of materials.
- Work closely with engineering project teams and field personnel to complete and review projects within scope, budget and schedule. Perform project tasks and assignments within budgeted hours and deadlines.
- Incorporate schedules, budgets and project criteria into physical design and layouts.
- Organize and maintain all revisions of project drawings, plot files and project-related information in a logical and well-structured manner.
- Working knowledge in cable/conduit routing, equipment rack layouts, wired and wireless communications, floor plans and data center projects required.
- Ability to professionally interact with clients, lead project calls, and direct team mates on design requirements required.
- Ability to work on multiple simultaneous projects required.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD/ Revit is preferred - Ability to learn and effectively utilize new design software programs.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience using BIM 360, Navisworks, Revit work sets, view templates and project phasing.
- Field experience with hyper scale data centers, fiber optic and category cabling is preferred.