Location: Wellington OR Hamilton, Hawkes Bay
About The Company: They are an engineering and environmental consulting offering innovating solutions for complex environmental challenges through their specialised range of services.
With a team of experts who are passionate about making a positive impact, we specialize in offering comprehensive services in environmental assessment, remediation, harzardous waste, stormwater management, geology, geotechnics, hydrology, ecology, groundwater, civil engineering, air quality, coastal, and more!
Clients range in areas including Climate Change, Transport, Water, Defence, Residential, Meat & Dairy, Digital Solutions, and Waste.
Job Overview: We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated environmental professional, with a background in Contaminated Land to lead and manage our team of environmental professionals. As a Principal or Technical Director, you will play a pivotal role in shaping and delivering contaminated land projects, fostering client relationships, and contributing to the strategic growth of company.
- Provide technical leadership and direction in contaminated land projects, including site investigations, risk assessments, and remediation strategies.
- Lead and manage a team of scientists, engineers, and other professionals, ensuring project goals are met efficiently and effectively.
- Collaborate with clients, regulators, and stakeholders to develop and implement innovative solutions that align with regulatory requirements and environmental best practices.
- Conduct technical reviews, quality assurance, and ensure deliverables meet high standards of accuracy and professionalism.
- Stay updated on emerging trends, technologies, and regulations in contaminated land management, and integrate them into project strategies.
- Participate in business development efforts, including proposal writing, client presentations, and identifying opportunities for growth.
- Mentor and develop staff, fostering a culture of continuous learning and professional development within the team.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Environmental Science, Geology, Engineering, or related field.
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in contaminated land management, with a strong track record of leading successful projects.
- Proven expertise in site investigation techniques, risk assessment methodologies, and remediation technologies.
- In-depth understanding of relevant environmental regulations and permitting processes.
- Excellent project management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks, manage budgets, and meet deadlines.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and maintain client relationships.
- Previous experience in staff management and leadership roles.
What is on Offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- Opportunity to work on challenging and impactful projects.
- Supportive and collaborative work environment.
- Ongoing professional development and training opportunities.
- Chance to contribute to the growth and success of a leading environmental consultancy.
If you're a dedicated and knowledgeable contaminated land professional looking for a rewarding leadership role, we encourage you to apply with your CV before you miss out.