Title: Substation Physical Design Engineer
Summary: A productive and innovate engineering firm is seeking a motivated, experienced substation engineer to join their team in Chicago, IL. You will work closely with the other electrical engineers on their Substation team, as well as act as a lead engineer, mentoring the more junior engineers. Does your previous substation design experience make you a top contender for this position? If so, please reach out to learn more.
The Substation Physical Design Engineer will be responsible for:
- Plan and complete the physical design of all substation projects.
- Responsible for completing drawings and documents for substation projects including designing foundation, grounding and conduit plans as well such as one line diagrams, AC/DC and physical layouts.
- Effectively schedule and plan projects and assign them across the electrical engineers on the team.
- Review and ensure all design packages and documents are up to company standards.
- Perform technical reports as well as calculations for substation projects.
The Substation Physical Design Engineer should have the following qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience of substation physical design work.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering
- P.E. license preferred.
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
If you are interested in the Substation Physical Engineer role, then please do not wait to apply.