The chosen candidate will assume responsibility for overseeing both technical and financial aspects of power delivery projects. This involves cultivating and enhancing client relationships, as well as promoting the firm's power delivery services to both existing and prospective clients within the designated region. Alongside these core duties, other tasks encompass:
- Advocating for the company's culture and fostering relationships internally and externally.
- Supervising project status updates, invoicing, accounts receivable, and unbilled aspects for each project.
- Collaborating closely with project design teams.
- Offering guidance and mentorship to the project team.
- Crafting and maintaining schedules, leading or participating in project meetings, budget oversight, active involvement in proposal creation, and assuming a central role in nurturing client connections.
- While the primary focus is on Power Delivery, interaction with other divisions might be necessary, depending on specific project requirements.
- Local travel to engage with regional clients will be an included aspect of this role.
Essential competencies for this role involve showcasing project management proficiencies, including CPM scheduling, budget analysis, team management, coupled with expertise in proposal writing, client outreach, and delivering project presentations.
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in an engineering discipline or engineering management is mandatory.
- Either a Professional Engineer (PE) registration or Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- A minimum of ten years' experience in the relevant industry.
- A minimum of five years' direct project management experience.
- This includes hands-on involvement in overseeing small- to medium-scale projects or serving as a lead engineer on projects.
- A solid grasp of project management methodologies and tools.
- In-depth familiarity with substation design principles and a track record in substation project management.
- Proficiency in financial analysis tools within a utility context.
- Competence in project management controls.
- Seven or more years of preferred project management experience.
- A background in substation design and management is advantageous.
- Acquaintance with regional utilities in the designated region is a plus.