My client is in search of a Structural Project Engineer. This firm is an experienced, minority-owned engineering and consulting firm that delivers measurable and enduring results for its clients. My client has earned a reputation for adaptability, continuous relationship development, and professional excellence.
Location: Downtown Chicago, IL
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Assist with the development of project scope, and selection criteria, and manage the consultant selection process
- Ensure project documents are consistent with project plans and within the project scope and budget
- Coordinate the preparation of, or develop, engineering plans, specifications, and estimates
- Perform design and analysis functions
- Oversee technical execution and quality control for project teams
- Perform field inspections and compliance documentation
- Maintain project documents, specifications, etc. for projects in progress
- Maintain data integrity for the project team (ensuring data can flow effectively)
- Complete project submittals based on specifications and scope requirements of projects
- Collaborate with senior staff to respond to client needs; lead efforts across multiple disciplines
Additional Eligibility Requirements:
- Experience with agencies such as IDOT, CDOT, Illinois Toll Authority, and CTA
- Knowledge and understanding of the project development process
- Proven team player skills with the ability to build and maintain internal and external relationships
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, excellent business and technical writing
- Extensive knowledge of design software
Assigns tasks to and coordinates with associate-level engineers.
- General office environment requiring long periods of sitting at a computer
- Due to the collaborative nature of this position and accessibility for in-house meetings, work may need to be performed in the office and during normal business hours
- Work outside periodically; can be exposed to all types of weather and in close proximity to traffic
- Must be able to travel to client/job sites as needed
- Valid driver's license required
Education and Experience:
- B.S. from an ABET-accredited University
- Licensing: PE, SE preferred
- Years of Experience: 10+
benefits-eligible employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, which includes, but is not limited to:
- Unlimited Vacation Policy
- Hybrid Work Arrangement
- Profit Sharing
- Education Assistance
- Health, Dental, Life, and LTD Insurance
- Paid Sick Time
- 401K Program
- Paid Holidays
Must be legally eligible to work full-time in the United States. Currently, my client is not providing visa sponsorship.
This firm requires full Covid-19 vaccination status as a condition of employment with the company as per requirements of the law.
My client provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.