Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform structural analysis and design of structural systems for all types of buildings. Including uncommon ground-up new design structures, horizontal and vertical additions, adaptive reuse, complex and large tenant buildouts, and major structural modifications.
- Perform analysis and design on varying materials using applicable building codes. Structural systems include concrete (conventional/post-tensioned), steel, masonry, heavy timber, and glass.
- Prepare technical specifications.
- Coordination of design process with in-house staff, clients, and other design professionals.
- Prepare and coordinate structural drawings including plans, elevations, sections, details, and general notes under the supervision of a Senior Associate or Principal.
- Prepare formal calculation packages suitable for the reviewing building authority.
- Perform construction phase services including RFI response, submittal and shop drawing review, and periodic field observation.
- Develop proposals with applicable project scopes and fees.
- Serve as a technical advisor to entry-level team members.
- Bachelor's degree or better in structural engineering.
- 6 plus years of work experience in the structural analysis and design of building structures.
- Working knowledge of current industry software, such as ETABS, SAFE, RAM, RISA3-D or Tedds.
- PE or SE license required.
- Strong technical communication skills both verbal and written.
- Proficient ability in AutoCAD or Revit.
- Experience with finite element modeling such as STRAND, ANSYS, ABACUS, MEPLA, RFEM.
Preferred Skills & Interests
- A Master's degree is preferred.
- Interest in glass analysis and design.
- Rhino, Grasshopper, or Mathcad preferred.
- Interest working with brittle material analysis and design.
- General litigation support experience.
- Group health insurance benefits
- 401k / Roth Retirement plans
- Summer hour program
- Flexible work hours
- Volunteering opportunities
- Quarterly company outings
- Referral bonuses
- Professional licensing assistance
- Health club in building