LVI have partnered with a leading engineering consultancy firm specializing in structural forensic analysis and investigation. They have been in the industry for over 50 years and have a great reputation for the quality of reports and speed of solutions provided to the client. Their team of experts works closely with clients across the whole of US however, your will be limited to the Ohio region to provide accurate assessments and innovative solutions for structural failures, damages, and other related issues. As part of their commitment to excellence, we are assisting with their search for a talented and driven Senior Structural Engineer to join our team.
You will play a crucial role in supporting our forensic analysis and investigation projects. They work on intricate commercial projects and rarely take on residential work as they aren't of the mindset of chasing work but rather representing a specialized client base. You will be working under the guidance of a Regional Manager and gain hands-on experience in further expanding your clientele, and assisting in expanding the team in Ohio.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Conduct on-site investigations and inspections of structures to identify and document potential failures, damages, and underlying causes.
- Collect data through visual observations, measurements, and non-destructive testing techniques.
- Assist senior engineers in performing detailed structural analysis using industry-standard software and tools.
- Collaborate with project teams to evaluate structural components, materials, and their performance.
- Prepare accurate and concise reports summarizing investigation findings, analysis results, and recommended solutions.
- Assist in preparing visual aids such as diagrams, sketches, and photographs to support investigative reports.
- Keep abreast of industry best practices, codes, standards, and regulations relevant to forensic engineering.
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams, including architects, contractors, and legal professionals, to provide technical expertise and support.
- Attend meetings with clients and participate in discussions to understand project requirements and communicate findings effectively.
- Continuously seek opportunities to learn and develop technical skills through training, professional development, and mentoring
- Bachelor's degree in Civil or Structural Engineering from an accredited institution.
- 10+ years relevant industry experience
- Strong understanding of structural engineering principles, codes, and standards.
- Familiarity with forensic investigation methods and techniques.
- Proficiency in structural analysis software (e.g., SAP2000, ETABS) and other relevant tools.
- Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking abilities to identify and analyze complex structural issues.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to accurately document findings and prepare comprehensive reports.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal, to convey technical information to diverse audiences.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and collaborate with professionals from various disciplines.
- Self-motivated with a strong desire to learn and grow in the field of structural forensic engineering.
- Professional Engineer (PE) license or working towards obtaining licensure is a plus.
- Competitive Benefits: Above industry matched 401k contributions, 90% healthcare paid for employees, 2 weeks annual PTO, 1 week sick-leave etc.
- Base Salary range ($100,000-130,000) dependent on engineering experience. Bonuses will be reward for consultants that have an existing clientele that would move along with you!
- Hybrid-Remote which means you can organize your day as per your schedule.