Building Enclosure \ Curtain Wall Consultant
A 50 year strong Building Enclosure Consulting firm has an immediate opening for a seasoned Consultant in our New York City office.
This position will involve a variety of general functions, including but not limited to:
- Participating in all phases of the design and construction of various high profile facade projects
- Collaborating with project team members and evaluating building enclosure systems/ assemblies for constructability, material compatibility, and interface with adjoining systems
- Conducting/overseeing field review and progress inspections on designated projects
- Communicating effectively and establishing relationships with clients and job related management teams
- Responsible for documenting and maintaining technical reports and open item logs based on daily inspections, project meetings and field fixes/submittals
- Familiarity with relevant ASTM Standards, AMMA Specifications and NYC Building Codes
- Typical inspection work includes: performing daily site inspections, attending mock-ups, performing shop inspections, witnessing fenestration product testing including thermal testing, air infiltration and water testing on new construction and forensic investigation projects
- Experience in the façade/building envelope industry required with a focus on curtain wall and window wall systems
- Positive track record on new construction and forensic investigation projects
- Background in building enclosure systems, and knowledge of related concepts, codes and standards
- Excellent technical, written, and verbal communication skills
- Takes independent initiative, and works proactively in solving problems
- Organized with a keen attention to detail
- NY Professional Engineer or NY Registered Architect preferred but not required
- Ability to read, interpret, and review architectural drawings, blueprints, construction documents and specifications
- Familiarity with roofing & welding a plus
- Experience with AutoCAD, Revit or Bluebeam preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite required
- Comfortable working at heights and on construction sites
- OSHA 10, NYC 16 hour DOB Suspended Scaffold training/certificate preferred
- Strong technical writing, editing, interpersonal, communication and time management skills.
Some travel may be required with minimal overnight stay as a rule.
Full benefit package is offered.