We have a current opportunity for a Sr Electrical Controls Engineer on a permanent basis. The position will be based in Chicago.
- Review customer specifications, product drawings, and related documentation to determine
- best overall control solution to meet or exceed customer requirements.
- Development of overall controls architecture for complex assembly, test, and special process
- systems incorporating pneumatic, cam, and servo driven stations.
- Support electrical designers and provide technical details required to implement the design.
- Provide support to mechanical engineering team to ensure synergistic conformance between
- mechanical and electrical control systems.
- Research and specify robust, cost effective,
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or relevant experience.
- Five (5) plus years of experience with design and integration of controls systems for custom
- automated machinery.
- Proficient with Allen Bradley PLC's HMI's Servo Controls, machine vision (Cognex / Keyence)
- Configure and program remote I/O devices such as Ethernet IP, Modbus or similar.
- Program a variety of safety and non-safety PLC's, and HMI's.
- Fanuc, Yaskawa, ABB, Universal, Kuka, Epson Robot programming experience a plus.