Company Summary: Founded in 2016, this renewable energy IPP develops, constructs, owns, and operates highly competitive wind and solar projects in North America. Their management team has commercialized over 10GW of clean energy projects and bring over 150 years of collective experience investing in, developing, constructing, and operating clean energy projects across the country.
Position Summary: Company Summary: Founded in 2016, this renewable energy IPP develops, constructs, owns, and operates highly competitive wind and solar projects in North America. Their management team has commercialized over 10GW of clean energy projects and bring over 150 years of collective experience investing in, developing, constructing, and operating clean energy projects across the country.
Location: Boston, MA (hybrid, open to remote for the right candidate)
The responsibilities of the Senior Associate include:
- Actively participate as experienced member of investment and finance team in due diligence and deal structuring, negotiation, and closing activities in support of the Company's future growth.
- Lead and support project finance and M&A transactions, including initiating and responding to due diligence activities and interfacing with investors, business parties, and other counterparties
- Oversee and support the work of junior colleagues relating to project-based financial modeling and preparing documentation, reporting, and analysis to assist investment decisions
- Contribute to the ongoing improvement of the Company's investment strategies across the entire portfolio of projects
- Leverage subject matter expertise to direct and deliver scenario modeling for investment decisions and contract negotiations
- Integrate the results of project models, conduct detailed analyses, prepare reports for Company investors, and prepare board papers that present the case for alternative investment options
- Perform analysis to inform pricing strategies, ensuring that the long-term revenue streams will contribute to target rates of return and integrate needed risk management strategies
- Contribute to the successful advancement of project development efforts by providing insight and guidance to the Development team about which inputs drive their projects' financial performance
- Oversee and assist in the development of models, tools, processes, and infrastructure that support the organization's accuracy, efficiency, and scalability
- Participate in project budgeting and corporate reporting activities
- Effectively navigate various functions and a geographically dispersed team to build relationships and advance one's work
The Senior Associate should have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business, Economics, Mathematics or a related field
- 5+ years of professional experience with project finance models in investment banking and/or the renewable energy industry, including modeling tax equity and debt structures
- Minimum of 3 years' experience working in the renewable energy sector (wind, solar, and/or battery storage)
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel (including VBA), Word, and PowerPoint
- Current authorization to live and work in the U.S
If interested in the position, please do not hesitate to submit an application!