Company Summary: One of the largest renewable energy owners in the US is leading the transition to a world powered by clean energy. They own and operate more than 8 gigawatts of renewable and conventional energy assets across the country. As they develop a nationwide pipeline of new renewable energy projects for the future, their 5.6 gigawatts of wind, solar, and energy storage assets offset the equivalent of more than 10.5 million metric tons of carbon emissions for their customers today.
Position Summary: Reporting to the Manager, Portfolio Finance, the Sr. Analyst, Portfolio Finance is responsible for supporting the execution of debt term conversions, cash equity and tax equity fundings, and refinancings. In addition, the Sr. Analyst, Portfolio Finance will manage a portfolio of renewable generation assets, which includes financial modeling, cash distribution forecasting, reporting obligations and ensuring compliance with key financing documents.
Location: Hybrid (2 days in office) at one of the locations:
- Scottsdale, AZ
- Houston, TX
- Carlsbad, CA,
- San Francisco, CA
- Denver, CO
The responsibilities of the Sr Analyst include:
- Lead and/or support the execution and satisfaction of conditions precedent to achieve debt term conversions and cash/tax equity fundings.
- Manage and update tax equity tracking models on a regular basis to track projected returns, flip dates, and other financial outcomes.
- Assist in the reporting of partnership financial and operational performance to internal and external stakeholders.
- Create comprehensive, cash-based financial models that can be sensitized for various operating and financial assumptions.
- Ensure compliance with partnership operating agreements and support commercial negotiations of various consents, waivers and amendments.
- Run financial model-based scenarios to ensure decision-making is informed by quantitative financial analysis and clearly communicate such results to senior management.
The Sr Analyst should have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business, Economics, Accounting, Engineering, or related field.
- 2+ years of professional experience in portfolio management, project finance, financial analysis, or M&A, preferably in the renewable energy or infrastructure fields.
- Experience with reading and interpreting financing agreements, tax/cash equity operating agreements and other key project documents (PPAs, EPC Contracts, etc.).
- Experience in project finance transactions (i.e. discounted cash-flow with multiple parties) and structuring and closing of tax equity highly preferred.
- Advanced MS Excel financial modeling skills including use of complex functions and logic statements, proven ability to create well organized and intuitive presentations of information to formulate conclusions.