Founded with a focus on providing local environmental engineering services. Over the years this company has maintained a priority to serve the communities in which is at their heart even as the company expands.c
That commitment gets its rewards. Clients from when they opened 25 years ago, evidence of the company's excellence in environmental consulting and professional engineering services is clear to see through their backlog and extensive project portfolio.
As the company grows into new regions and new services, they continue to prioritize technical innovation, a collaborative approach with the customer, and timely response in solving unique environmental challenges and they have an opening for a SOLID WASTE ENGINEER
- Licensed NYS Professional Engineer
- Minimum of 8, prefer 12, years of post-bachelor's degree work experience as a consulting engineer
- Extremely knowledgeable of the NYS DEC 6NYCRR Chapter IV, Subpart B, Solid Waste Regulations, including Part 360 regulation series and Part 370 regulation series, as well as the Uniform Procedures Act and the State Environmental Quality Review Act
- Extremely knowledgeable of the NY City Dept. of Sanitation Transfer Station Rules, and a plus if knowledgeable of the NYC Zoning, Building and Fire Codes
- Knowledgeable of Air Pollution Control Regulations, Stormwater Regulations, Wetlands Regulations and Wastewater Treatment Regulations, especially as they relate to Solid Waste Facilities
- Have had direct interaction with the NYS DEC Solid Waste Staff in Regions 1 and 2 (and a plus for Region 3); and the NYC Dept of Sanitation Permit and Inspection Unit, and the Bureau of Legal Affairs, Division of Environmental Review
- Familiar with the Solid Waste Industry in NY City and Downstate NY State, and have had contact with many of the facility owners and operators.
Additional work with at least one of the following:
NYS DEC Solid Waste Management Facility Permit Application, including an Engineering Report, Facility Manual and Drawings
NYS DEC Full Environmental Assessment Form for a Solid Waste Facility Application
NYC Dept of Sanitation/Business Integrity Commission Transfer Station Permit Application
NYC City Environmental Quality Review, including a Full Environmental Assessment Statement with detailed review of all 19 Technical Analysis Chapters for a Solid Waste Facility Application
Please take a look or if its of interest to someone you know please share and they can apply directly!