A large global owner & operator company in the renewable energy industry is currently seeking a Solar Performance Analyst for their New York City office right in the heart of the Financial District. You will be monitoring and analyzing assigned utility scale generation solar projects throughout the United States to ensure optimal generation performance of the company's solar PV plant portfolio.
- Collaborate daily with control room, field personnel, operational team, and other entities to ensure high performance of the solar plants
- Perform regular review of plant events, working with operational teams to capture all relevant event details, and drive the completion of the events
- Diagnose plant performance issues to seek out opportunities for improvement
- Efficiently and timely complete high-quality solar performance analysis work
- Write/review reports and present results
Key Skills Required:
- 1-5 years of experience of performance engineering and/or analytics in the solar energy industry
- Experience in data mining techniques and performance shortfall root cause analysis
- Familiarity with Data Acquisition & Asset Performance Software
- Proven track record of SCADA analysis of discrete event, time series, and plant performance assessment
- Proficiency with solar plant modeling software such as PVSyst or Helioscope
- Ability to analyze data with SQL & Python is a plus
If you're interested in the Solar Performance Analyst role, please don't wait to apply!