One of the leading Electrification and Renewable Energy Companies is currently looking at ways to create a fully electric, intelligent and instead of contributing towards climate change, but actually helping to fix it.
They are currently building out a portfolio of home energy products which will include: solar inverters, home BESS, EV charging, smart electrical panels and connected outlets for smart lighting solutions.
They are currently looking to bring on an additional Software Architect Engineer and the ideal candidate should have a strong background in Embedded Software Design and Development. This person will also focus on high-level design choices like the selection of software stacks or in house development of embedded software development, in a cross collaborative environment.
Primary Responsibilities of Software Architect Engineer:
- The sole person behind the functional requirements, architecture and key design features that span across various embedded software and firmware teams
- The key point of contact for all technical subject matter and work alongside marketing, product managers, stake holders and system engineers
- Perform high level technical feasibility and cost benefit schedule analysis for any requested features and use already developed components where applicable
- Create feature requirements into technical requirements and discrete de-coupled module/component definitions that can be used by embedded software and firmware teams
- Work closely with software teams to ensure that the architectural software stacks fit well into the rest of the system
- Participate in design and code review to ensure quality and any un-needed complexity
Minimum Qualifications, Software Architect Engineer:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineer or equivalent discipline
- 2+ years of experience in similar roles, spanning across multiple software teams
- 5+ years hands on embedded software or firmware development experience
- Deep understanding of C/C++ programming in embedded systems environments
- Experience with Python
- RTOS and or Embedded Linux Environments
- Write and document communication protocols and APIs
Software Architect Engineer Preferred Skill Sets:
- Ability to work in a team environment and willing to go above and beyond to help your colleagues
- Ability to present to peers and stake holders in a clear manor in both formal and informal settings
- Structured approach to troubleshooting and problem solving
***US Work Authorization is Required***