My client is seeking team-oriented professionals who have knowledge in Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS), configuration, graphics, logic programming, and safety lifecycle activities of plant control systems.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The Safety Instrument performs some of all of these duties:
- Responsible for design, specification, selection and services relating to safety systems.
- Candidate will plan, budget, organize and control an important segment of a typical safety systems project.
- Lead the development of safety lifecycle deliverables e.g., Safety Requirements Specification, SIL Verification Calculations, Safety Lifecycle Plans, GAP Analysis, Validation Procedures, etc.
- Responsible for configuration of SIS/BMS/FGS
- Serves as project technical advisor for items related to ANSI/ISA-84 or IEC-61511.
- Communicate progress to project manager for inclusion into reports to client.
- Responsible for quality of the safety system portion of the project
Requirements of the role:
- BS in Engineering field required.
- PE preferable.
- TUV, CFSE/CFSP or equivalent highly desired
- 5+ years of control system engineering experience
- Demonstrated experience in technical execution on both FEL/FEED and EPC projects in the chemical and petrochemical industry
- Proficient in Safety Instrumented Systems and possess the related functional safety lifecycle management knowledge.
- Familiarity with SIL calculation software e.g., exSILentia, SIL Solver, or equivalent
- Experience configuring one or more SISs e.g., Triconex (preferred), FSC, Safety Manager, DeltaV SIS, ProSafe, HIMA, etc.
Permanent Travel: 20% maximum