LVI is one of the leading Energy and Infrastructure recruitment firm. We offer a bespoke service to our clients that allows for us utilize industry gossip to maximize our reach for both candidates and our current and future clients. Within the renewable energy space, we have upwards of 50 clients that we can introduce our candidates to!
I recently started working with one of the leading Automotive Manufacturers that is really doubling down on the Electrification of vehicles in the US and even globally, which includes large commercial Semi Trucks! At the moment, they are looking for a Simulation Engineer for their Powertrain Engineering group in order to conduct a full development of the drive-line for the Car and Semi-Truck products. You will be using the simulation to help increase speed and efficiency for the trucks and buses. Although, they are also working on conventional powertrains while they are developing the electrical and fuel cell powertrains.
Primary Responsibilities, Powertrain Simulation Engineer:
- Use GT Power to create powertrain models using GT Power, MATLAB and or Simulink
- Develop software in the loop models for software verification in addition to development
- Work hand in hand with technology engineers who own the software functionality and components. You will work in tandem with them to optimize the design using simulation
- Interface with new product development projects to provide simulation results for concept selection
- Interact with the maintenance group to provide simulation results in order to solve product quality issues
- Always look to integrate improvements and new features into production software/simulation environment
- Work on tests in the lab and or field to effectively collect data that is needed for the simulation development and validation
- Document simulation development, validation and results in engineering report
- Communicate results to all of the relevant parties which includes project, technical teams and management involved
- Carry out data analysis on both production data and test data. Assisting with overflow work in this area could be involved depending on your level of experience
Required/Preferred Skillset, Powertrain Simulation Engineer:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering (Mechanical is ideal) or in a similar technical field
- Proficient in preparing both 1D models and software in the loop models
- Master's degree in technical field is strongly preferred.
- 3-5 years of relevant powertrain development experience
- Experience with internal combustion engine development and optimization is preferred
- Proficient with GT Power, MATLAB and Simulink and or similar tools
- Experience with programming for data analysis using SQL, Python, R, MATLAB, Apache spark or equivalent language is preferred.
- Understanding of OBD monitor development is a plus
- Experience in electric or fuel cell powertrains is a plus
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Generous paid caregiver and parental leave policies
- Family building benefits, including fertility support and adoption assistance
- Competitive matching retirement savings plan
- A working environment that supports your safety, health and well-being and is put first.