We are currently seeking a Senior Water-Wastewater Engineer in northern VA or DC to be involved in a wide variety of programs and projects, including municipal, state, and federal/DOD. You'll have the opportunity to be involved in a wide variety of programs and projects, including municipal, state, and federal/DOD projects. We currently have a need for senior project experience and leadership within our Infrastructure Market Sector, providing expertise and guidance on water distribution system modeling and design, sanitary sewer system and pump station study and design, pipeline inspection and rehabilitation, and water storage and pumping system design. This high energy and highly motivated individual will provide technical guidance and leadership on a multitude of design projects, leading and mentoring our more mid-level and junior design staff. This individual will also be involved in marketing and business development activities, assisting in the development of strategies for winning new work and helping the Infrastructure Market Sector continue growing.
General Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Perform water distribution and wastewater collection system designs, while providing technical and design leadership for our more junior level staff
- Analyze and problem solve complex water/wastewater issues, while bringing reliable and cost-effective solutions to our clients
- Perform water systems analysis and modeling, using various software programs.
- Development utility system rehabilitation plans and strategies
- Design water and wastewater facilities to support municipal, state, and federal/Department of Defense projects
- Be able to communicate effectively with team members and clients, with a focus on providing quality deliverables in a timely manner
- Make presentations to clients and the general public, communicating the benefits of a project and/or technical solution clearly and concisely
- Preparation of construction documents, including plans and specifications
- Prepare construction cost estimates
- Development of engineering reports and memorandums.
- Working with contractors and clients during the construction phase of a project to resolve issues and to communicate project requirements
- Develop and also lead the development of scopes and fees for project pursuits
- Perform technical work in various software applications, including Civil 3D, WaterGEMS, and ARC-GIS
Education, Technology, and Experience
- Graduation from an ABET-accredited 4-, 5-, or 6-year engineering program in one of the following disciplines: Civil Engineering, Civil and Environmental Engineering, or Civil Engineering Technology
- Professional Engineering license is a must
- Post-graduate degree in Civil Engineering or Civil Engineering-related degree may be given additional consideration
- Must be a fully licensed Professional Engineer in at least one US state, preferably in the local jurisdiction
- A Senior Water-Wastewater Engineer should be able to effectively utilize current company software programs for word processing, e-mail, accounting, and information management.
- Experience in design software such as WaterGEMS & Civil 3D
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant post education experience in Water-Wastewater Engineering
- Experience with the design of water distribution systems, wastewater collection systems and sewage pump stations
- Experience with municipal markets in Virginia, and the USACOE/NAVFAC/Department of Defense is preferred
- Experience in site plan design is preferred
- Membership in professional societies such as AWWA, ASCE, ACEC is preferred