A national civil engineering consultancy client of ours is seeking a Senior Water/Wastewater Engineer to join their well established practice in Southern California as part of their team in San Diego.
The successful candidate will execute complex assignments relating to planning, designing and preparing construction documents related to water and wastewater infrastructure including collection and transmission pipelines; pump stations; and water/wastewater treatment systems.
The candidate will have experience and/or expertise in one or more of the following:
- Water supply and treatment
- Water transmission, distribution and storage
- Pump stations
- Wastewater conveyance
- Wastewater treatment
- Reclaimed water transmission, distribution and storage
As a Senior Water/Wastewater Engineer, the candidate will apply standard engineering practices and techniques which may include:
- Assist Engineering Managers in the delivery of water and/or wastewater projects including evaluation and detailed design of water and wastewater treatment plants, supply wells, water reuse systems, distribution systems, conveyance, storage, and pipeline projects.
- Preparing Preliminary Engineering Reports
- Preparing plans, specifications and estimates
- Preparing master planning reports and hydraulic modeling
- Participating in local professional organizations.
- Assisting in marketing business opportunities with key clients and development of responses to RFP/RFQs.
- Developing long term relationships with clients
- Assisting clients with permitting
- Successfully interfacing with multi-disciplinary design teams, including civil site design, structural, surveying, and geotechnical engineering
- Mentoring junior engineers
- Presentations to governing boards and city councils
- Work with local and state regulatory agencies for project permitting, funding, etc.
- Travel to project sites and client meetings, with occasional overnight stays required
- The successful candidate must have a Bachelor's of Science Degree in civil or environmental engineering, a Master's Degree is preferred.
Required Skills and Experience
- Candidates must have at least 5-15 years of progressive design experience.
- Strong communication and time-management skills are required.
- Strong technical writing and communications skills are expected at this level, proven through technical presentations, technical papers and/or participation in technical committees.
Desired Skills and Experience
- LEED and/or QSD/QSP desired
- AutoCAD and Civil 3D knowledge and understanding preferred.
- Experience on hydraulic modeling software for water distribution and wastewater collection systems is preferred (Innovyze products).
- Local experience within San Diego, CA preferred. Experience working in Los Angeles, Riverside and San Bernardino Counties is a plus.
Licenses and Certifications
- Driver's License
- California PE preferred or ability to obtain a California PE license within a year