This firm is currently initiating a search for a Full-Time Senior Water/Wastewater Engineer for our Indiana operations! This position can be based out of our Evansville, New Albany, Hammond or Indianapolis Offices. Be involved in projects with our Regional Water Teams and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client's objectives and solves their challenges.
The water infrastructure market is seeing unprecedented funding and investment, while also craving new solutions, ideas, and innovative technology. This client's water team in the Midwest is providing solutions in drinking water, wastewater, and water resources. We're looking for passionate team-players who are eager for professional growth, a collaborative team environment, and exposure to some of the region's most interesting water projects. This position will provide technical design and engineering for a variety of water and wastewater projects including, water supply, transmission, pumping, storage, distribution and conveyance, and potentially treatment.. You'll work with clients coordinating engineering design and preparation of construction documents.. This position will provide leadership to junior engineers on projects, leading the development of plans, specifications, and estimates. Come grow your career on the best water team around!
- Technical knowledge and experience in designing water and/or wastewater infrastructure, including conveyance and/or treatment.
- Experience in working with local agencies to permit and design complex infrastructure. Experience meeting a variety of local jurisdiction design standards.
- Experience and understanding of basic hydraulic calculations and modeling.
- Maintain quality control standards and procedures for accurate and precise measurements, statistical analysis, and reporting.
- Assist with development and scoping of small to medium-sized projects.
- Comply with regulatory requirements pertaining to the data integrity, documentation, procedures, training, monitoring systems, and record compliance and retention.
- Interact with regulatory agencies, subcontractors, and clients in a confident and professional manner.
- Remain current in latest water and/or wastewater engineering techniques.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering
- Minimum 7+ years of relevant post education experience in municipal engineering.
- Licensed Professional Engineer
- Proficient knowledge of water resource engineering principles, practices, process, design/build, and the application to environmental permitting and project work-related issues.
- Working knowledge of water/wastewater engineering.
- Proficient ability to coordinate with agency regulators and understand requirements.
- Working knowledge of relevant environmental laws, regulations, compliance practices, and record-keeping requirements.
- Ability to make technical computations and calculations involving the application of engineering principles, understanding plans and specifications and making factual comparisons to the appropriate regulations.
- Project management experience with small to mid-level projects including tracking hours and expenses for project work.
- Ability to plan and conduct inspections and investigations on various aspects of the construction and design of facilities or structures, applying applicable regulations and policies.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills when interacting with others, expressing ideas effectively and professionally to an engineering and non-engineering audience.
- Highly capable self-leadership with attention to detail, multi-tasking, and prioritization of responsibilities in a dynamic work environment.
- Ability to work independently and provide guidance and leadership to junior team or project members, with strict adherence to QA/QC.
- Proficiency with technical writing, office automation, software, technology, math principles, predictive models, spreadsheets, and tools.
- Adept at coordinating technical matters with public and private groups.
- Developed critical thinking and problem-solving skills required to apply technical knowledge to reach conclusions from testing results, data collation, statistical analysis and arriving at the most effective, economical, and logical solution.
- Ability to assertively direct others in the field such as subcontractors and others to consistently complete tasks safely and efficiently.
- Ability to work schedules conducive to project-specific requirements that may extend beyond the typical workweek.
- Occasional travel may be required depending on project-specific requirements.
- Flexible work schedule options
- Top end competitive salary
- Minimum 3 weeks Leave accrual and paid holidays
- Low cost healthcare benefits for individuals and family members
- Group life insurance, as well as additional optional life insurance, short and long-term disability insurance
- Flexible spending accounts for medical and dependent care reimbursement
- 15% 401(k) retirement plan
- Profit sharing