A well known firm with impressive backlog has an immediate opening for a Department Director to lead their NJ based Traffic Engineering Group in Parsippany, NJ.
The successful candidate will lead the traffic engineering group, with a view to growing our local and regional practice and will be experienced with project management, business development, proposal preparation, mentoring and directing staff, and client management. The ideal candidate will have an educational background in traffic engineering principles, methodologies and transportation design with experience in design of intersections, traffic signals, roadway safety improvements, and traffic analysis using software such as Synchro, HCS and VISSIM. Experience with Port Authority of NY & NJ (PANYNJ), NJDOT, NJTA, MPOs, and local county and municipal agencies is also desired.
The Department Director will manage projects as well as grow and enhance our local and regional consulting practice. This individual must be capable of taking projects from conception through construction, with a solid background in traffic engineering and operations, traffic data collection (MioVision)/analysis, safety and traffic impact studies, infrastructure planning and design involving intersections, roadway corridors, streets and bridge reconstruction projects.
Demonstrated familiarity with complete streets, multi-modal bicycle/pedestrian facilities, road safety audits, Vision Zero initiatives, transit, parking, and local circulation/downtown plans is highly desirable. The candidate must be organized, able to work in a group environment, think creatively, and work with multi-disciplinary staff and directors on related planning, civil & structural engineering, and environmental projects.
- Project management
- Business development
- Proposal preparation
- Manage/mentor staff
- Technical oversight of staff and projects
- A Bachelor's degree in CE or related field required. A Master's degree is highly desirable
- A minimum of 15 years of experience in Traffic/Transportation Engineering (or equivalent combination of working knowledge and experience)
- Familiarity with NJDOT and PANYNJ standards
- Local project experience highly desirable
- Supervising experience, directing tasks and preforming QA/QC is required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills highly desired for public and client presentations as well as document preparation
- An active PE license in the State of NJ and desirably in NY, Pa and CT; PTOE and/or PP preferred