One of the top engineering firms in the country is seeking an enthusiastic, experienced Traffic/ITS engineer to join their Civil Engineering team. Our ideal candidate has a strong work ethic, a desire to learn, the willingness to work cohesively within a team and the ability to work on multiple concurrent projects.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Development of traffic studies and design plans including ITS infrastructure, traffic signal, signing, pavement marking, construction sequencing, and traffic control plans.
- Assist with major project pursuits, new business development, and local client relationships. Identify potential projects and develop strategies to win these projects.
- Build and maintain relationships with key traffic engineering & ITS clients.
- Provide technical assistance on traffic engineering studies and design projects managed by other project managers and task leads.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil or Electrical Engineering (required) with ITS planning, design and implementation experience
- 8-15 years of progressive experience in ITS / Traffic Engineering projects is preferred
- PE license is required ( NY or NJ preferred)
- Professional Traffic Operations Engineer (PTOE) preferred
- Experience utilizing AutoCAD, Microstation, SYNCHRO, SimTraffic, and VISSIM
- Familiarity with State and Federal design processes with respect to traffic signal and ITS design
- Aptitude for detail-oriented work assignments
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Valid Driver's License