- Act as Project Manager by overseeing and coordinating all aspects of projects to completion within specified timelines, client management and further, expanding the existing clientele through networking.
- Schedule, coordinate and delegate project work including purchase of needed materials and/or services from outside vendors
About the Company:
- They are group of engineers, architects and specialist consultants established in the existing construction consulting industry for 70+ years.
- They consult, test, investigate and testify in court to solve some of the most challenging structural damages across the US. They have grown by 15% in headcount last year and are looking to open two new office locations this year.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Execute work in the field or lab: evaluation, investigation, calculation, analysis, research, contractor supervision and construction oversight, engineering test methods and procedures, supervision of testing, forensic and litigation activities.
- Analyze structural strength and serviceability deficiencies in building and industrial structures as well as the design of innovative repairs to enhance structural performance and long-term durability
- Develop and plan projects by defining the potential scope through analysis and evaluation of alternate solutions to the client's problem, write proposals and obtain approval to move ahead with projects.
- Assist in developing business with current or new clients, cross-selling services as appropriate and perform sales activities such as tracing leads and cold calling
- Proactively identify areas of learning and participate in professional development activities in order to maintain and enhance work knowledge and skills
- Serve on relevant technical committees and write and present technical papers
- Build and sustain effective relationships with potential/current clients through regular communication, understand the client's needs and respond with the appropriate sense of urgency.
- Up to 30% travel may be required
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering or structural engineering or relevant engineering background
- Professional Engineer Licensure or Structural Engineer Licensure
- Minimum 15 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, with experience in managing projects, proposal writing and site inspections.
- Group health insurance benefits
- 401k / Roth Retirement plans
- Progression opportunities
- Professional licensing assistance
- Industry participation