What You Will Do
We are currently looking for a team oriented Senior Mechanical Engineer with a strong interest mechanical systems to lead mechanical designs. Market sector concentrations may include K-12 and Higher Education, Federal, Pharmaceutical, Food and Beverage, Industrial Manufacturing, Transportation, or Water/Wastewater. This position could be in Camp Hill, PA or State College, PA. Come join our team!
The successful candidate will be given all the necessary tools, software, and training to help make his or her working experience productive, fulfilling, and unconstrained. Your ability to support and enhance our department's collective ability to conceptualize and deliver mechanical designs aligning with our clients' construction budgets, energy needs, and maintenance programs will be the key to your success here!
Our working environment is learning focused. Every team member is required to undertake informal and formal training in areas that both supports the career path of the employee and benefits the company. Individualized written training programs are evaluated and revised on an annual basis including funding requirements for external training.
The success of our multidisciplinary project teams depends on effective communication with emphasis on interdisciplinary coordination. Our mechanical work requires extensive coordination with Architectural, Structural, Electrical, Building Controls and Energy Management Systems specialists, and supply chain representatives. The large number of personnel involved provides for a stimulating working environment and one that requires excellent verbal and written communications skills.
Education | Experience:
- A BS or higher degree in Mechanical Engineering from an ABET accredited institution is required
- P.E. is required.
- Must have 8+ years' experience and the ability to independently design the following HVAC systems for both renovated and new facilities: Hydronic and steam boiler plants, chiller plants, terminal unit systems, distribution systems, and control systems.
- Must have 5+ years' experience using energy modeling and heat load software to perform effective energy use analyses and heat load calculations.
- Must have strong understanding and working knowledge of psychrometrics.
- Must have a thorough understanding of mechanical building codes, energy codes, and construction standards
- Must have a strong understanding of DDC controls, controls design, and operation
- Must command excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Project Management experience is preferred.
- REVIT Experience with Architectural/MEP Packages and BIM360 is preferred.
- Plumbing and/or Fire Protection experience is preferred.
- Commissioning experience and certification is preferred.
- ASHRAE involvement is preferred.