Do you enjoy projects that are focused on the community? Do you want to be a part of a firm that values input of others and does work focused on making the community safer?
I am working with a firm whose mission is to reimagine streets and transportation. They plan for action and turn it to a reality. The staff of 200 engineering, landscape architecture, and planning professionals are passionate about making a difference in communities large and small.
This firm is looking for a licensed PE highway engineer with the below requirements:
* A Professional Engineering license in the United States is required
* A bachelor's or master's Degree in civil engineering
* At least 10 years of engineering experience developing construction documents
* At least 2 years serving in a project and/or design management role
* A broad knowledge base in civil engineering with a transportation focus and specific knowledge of horizontal and vertical roadway geometric design (MUTCD and AASHTO)
* Experience in preparing transportation and local agency permit documents.
* Experience in coordinating utility and right-of-way impacts and street lighting, traffic signal, and landscape/hardscape layout.
* Highly proficient with design software including: MicroStation, InRoads / OpenRoads, AutoCAD, Civil 3D.
* Working knowledge of Bluebeam and Microsoft office applications
* Experience with a stormwater design software is a plus (e.g. HydroCAD or HydroFlow)
* Experience developing construction documents and cost estimates for one or all of the following agencies: VDOT, MDSHA, DDOT, DELDOT.
* Keen interest in multimodal and active transportation design preferred