This client is an industry leader in non-utility portfolios of renewable energy and energy storage. The client is dedicated to become a leader in the transformation of how we use energy, decarbonizing the grid while also building reliability and resilience.
The team is looking to bring on a Senior Python Engineer to design, develop, and deploy systems that will optimize and provide financial valuation, costs, reporting, and execution capabilities. The responsibilities will include management of the portfolios, provide trade insights, and research the industry of U.S. power grids. From this position, the candidate will be able to work with traders and analysts to learn in depth about the intersection between computer science and renewable energy and gaining a deep insight on the U.S. energy market and power systems.
- Create and maintain internal systems with Python, Docker, AWS, Git.
- Assist business analysis, product design, data engineering, testing, and deployment (responsibilities will vary depending on the candidate's core strengths)
- Manage external library dependencies
- Bachelor's of Science degree in Computer Science or any related field
- At least 4 years of working experience with Python & related packages
- Any additional experience in either work-flow optimization, data engineering, testing, API development, or cloud operations is a plus
- Self-starter who can excel within a team as well as individually
- Prior experience in the energy market is helpful, but not required