In this Senior-level role, you will provide building enclosure and waterproofing services to clients and develop your own projects. This position will establish, maintain, and serve local and national clients. You will serve as the primary client contact on projects related to new construction and existing building structures, including the waterproofing design and evaluation of below-grade foundation systems, plazas and podiums, exterior walls and façade systems, and roofing assemblies.
- Management of various building envelope projects ranging from investigation to construction administration phase.
- Writing proposals and scope of work descriptions for projects.
- Leading team in the development of building envelope contract documents, including technical specifications.
- Leading team for detailed site inspections and writing of evaluation reports.
- Peer review of enclosure details and specifications.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Structural Engineering, Civil Engineering, Architecture or similar.
- 10 plus years of previous building envelope and waterproofing experience, 5 years of which include managing building envelope projects in Illinois and the surrounding states.
- Professional license in architecture, structural engineering, or civil engineering.
- Strong writing, communication, and team skills.
- Development of client relationships and marketing strategy for Walker's Building Envelope and Forensic Restoration Team.
- High-level knowledge of various building enclosure systems, materials, and products.
- Experience in new construction building envelope design and technical analysis of existing buildings.
- Knowledge of ASTM & AAMA standards and testing procedures related to building envelope evaluation and waterproofing.
- Interest in business development strategies and the ability to work with other Walker team members.
- Experience compiling response packages for RFQ/RFP requests.
- Willingness to travel.
You will be offered vacation retreats, tuition and licensure reimbursement, 401(k) match and HSA employer contribution, commuter benefit accounts, medical, dental, vision insurance, and more!