Plan, organize, direct and control resources & activities required to meet project deliverables including client satisfaction, schedule and profitability. Interface with construction management, general contractor, architects, clients and IT consultant. Work with management team to resolve project problems to ensure project profitability and quality of installation.
- Plan and schedule engineering, installation, and subcontracting activities on large and/or complex POE Lighting systems, including site surveys and client needs analysis.
- Direct and supervise engineers to establish project guidelines, staff needs, and project meetings.
- Work with engineering department on design and drafting phases of jobs and with purchasing for accurate and timely procurement of equipment.
- Manage the scope of work.
- Identify and resolve any changes or issues that may arise during the construction phase, including generating change orders.
- Oversee all technical aspects, engineering, and construction activities according to project plans.
- Maintain Quality Control, understanding of engineering and installation practices.
- Bachelors preferred, from an accredited college or university.
- Five years of experience as Project Engineer or Project Manager of large scale IT or POE Lighting implementations.
- Must have a clear knowledge of vendors and manufacturers, Molex, Igor, Ortronices, Hubble, Panduit, Amp and Commscope to name a few.
- An understanding of job financial reports and the ability control costs in the handling of large projects. Excellent decision making, organizational, interpersonal, writing and presentation skills.
- Must be responsible, self-motivated, detail-oriented, well-organized and able to take initiative to resolve problems and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills and superior customer service skills to work effectively with both internal and external clients.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and to effectively handle stressful situations.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work with diverse groups.
- Proficiency in the use of personal computers including such programs as MSOffice Suite.
- Ability to plan, organize and implement to ensure the successful completion of a project by a specific due date.
- Familiar with fluke testing equipment and reports for fiber and copper.
- Ability to read and interpret project drawings, specifications and scope of work.
- Understanding of job processes from installation to testing to turn over.
Some travel required.
Salary range $90,000 to $115,000 commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package including dental, medical, paid time off, short & long term disability, paid family leave, commuter benefits and a 401k plan with a discretionary employee match.
Qualified candidates are welcome to submit their resume including salary requirements using the email link below.