Our client is one of the fastest growing engineering firms in the U.S. with nationally recognized expertise in sustainable, high performance building engineering. They are a collaborative, competitive, innovative, and energetic group of engineers and team leaders who incorporate a holistic approach towards consulting engineering, performance contracting, and zero energy projects. They focus on finding engineers whose personalities lead them to excellence, and we provide exceptional opportunities for our employees.
The client is seeking a Sr. Electrical Engineer with at least 10+ years of experience in Consulting Engineering. This position will work with and lead the local team of engineers to design the electrical aspects of energy efficient buildings for various clients. Our ideal candidate is typically a self-motivated individual who thrives on helping clients and has a technical background. We hope they will be involved and lead all phases of the project.
- 10+ years of experience
- PE Certificate
- Experience with Revit/AutoCAD
- Experience in MEP Design
- The position is responsible for designing the electrical systems, power distribution, lighting and lighting controls, emergency power, UPS, renewable energy systems, for the purpose of bidding and construction for various projects. Additional duties of the position are as follows:
- Help lead the electrical department
- Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, and computer-generated response
- Attends meetings with owners, clients, or architects as needed
- Provides guidance to staff engineers as to the appropriate energy efficient designs to be implemented in various projects
- Review contractor submittals (shop drawings, etc.) to determine conformance with contract documents.
- Evaluate, select and apply standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria to perform assigned tasks
- Confer with other engineers and other personnel to implement operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions, and provide technical information
- Research and analyze customer design proposals specification, manuals, and other data to evaluate the feasibility, cost, and maintenance requirements of designs or applications
- Specify system components or direct modification of products to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications
- Research, design, and evaluate mechanical products, equipment, systems, and processes to meet requirements, apply knowledge of engineering principles
- Provide feedback to design engineers on customer problems and needs
- Power Distribution
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering