Senior Interior Designer (Chicago, IL)
An innovative and collaborative Architecture and Design firm is seeking a Senior Interior Designer to put on a track toward being their next Design Director. The firm is highly creative and requires a strong background in retail and commercial projects, with added familiarity in Hospitality or Workplace being a plus. NCIDQ is preferred but not required and experience and leadership capabilities are highly valued.
The Senior Interior Designer will be responsible for:
- Mentoring and leading team members toward client goals for every project, throughout each design phase
- Implementing innovative and creative design strategies
- Facilitates interior design efforts and project teams including design direction and client engagement.
- Provide an understanding of building codes and guidelines, programming and planning analysis, as well as interior furniture and product specifications
- Guide team on strategic solutions in the utilization of 2D & 3D software and modeling tools such as Revit, Rhino, Grasshopper, etc.
The Senior Interior Designer will ideally have:
- A completed NCIDQ; CID, IIDA, LEED, or AIA Affiliation also preferred
- Bachelor or Master of Interior Design or Architecture; having both is ideal
- A healthy background in retail, commercial, hospitality, workplace, and/or healthcare projects
- Experience leading a team
- Business development acumen and client-facing/presentation experience
- Local area market knowledge (Chicago) is a major plus
- Competitive salary in line with or above market value based on qualifications
- Hybrid schedule allowing for 2 WFH days per week
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401k contribution
- Opportunity to be mentored into Design Director role
- Work in a collaborative, modern, and healthy work culture
- Early-leave on Fridays to start your weekend early