Location: Chicago, IL Indianapolis, IN
This firm is known for its exemplary design and construction engineering services for structural, transportation, municipal and water resources projects. We are seeking a Senior Roadway Engineer with the following responsibilities:
- Plan preparation, quantity calculations, geometrics, cross sections, construction staging, pavement marking/signing, construction details, specifications, cost estimates, and other related tasks.
- The candidate will manage other engineers and technicians to achieve completion of project plans, as directed by the Project Manager, but may also complete certain tasks independently.
- Work closely with other disciplines on multi-discipline projects.
- Review and checking of engineering work completed by others.
- Mentor staff engineers.
- Bachelors/Masters degree in Civil Engineering.
- 8+ years of roadway design experience.
- Illinois PE.
- Strong technical skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to work well in a team environment on multi-disciplinary projects.
- MicroStation and GeoPak proficiency.
- Experience on Illinois DOT and/or Illinois Tollway projects.
- Experience on CDOT projects a plus.
Benefits & Perks
- BCBS IL Medical Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Cafeteria Plan allowing pre-tax deductions
- Flex Spending Account (FSA) for Medical Care and Dependent Care expenses
- 401 (k) with company match
- Life AD&D Insurance - 100% employer paid
- Group Life Insurance - 100% employer paid
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability - 100% employer paid
- Short-Term Disability - 100% employer paid
- Eight Paid Holidays (7 + 1 Floating Holiday)
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Professional Organization Memberships
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- RTA/CTA Transit Benefit Program
- On-Site gym (Chicago)
- Hybrid Work Schedule
- Voluntary 9/80 work schedule - work eight 9-hour days, one 8-hour day to allow every other Friday off