We have a current opportunity for a Hazardous Waste Engineer on a permanent basis. The position will be based in Los Angeles. For further information about this position please apply.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, or applicable sciences. Master's degree preferred
- 10 years of experience in the field of remedial consulting including soil, groundwater, sediment, surface water, and vapor intrusion
- Experience with investigation, feasibility studies, and treatment of novel contaminants required including, but not limited to, PFAS and 1,4-dioxane as well as non-emergent contaminants like chlorinated solvents, petroleum hydrocarbons, PCBs, and metals
- Knowledge of and experience with PFAS soil and groundwater remediation technologies including site closure strategies, source control, management of migration, mitigating risk pathways, remedial design, collaborating with public stakeholders, government, and private clients.
- Working knowledge of Federal and State regulatory processes and reporting (CERCLA, RCRA, CWA, state specific cleanup programs)
- Able to analyze, interpret, and present data, and meet time sensitive deadlines
- Assists the Project Manager in estimating and tracking project scope, cost, schedule, quality, and safety
- Able to conduct multiple priorities and projects simultaneously
- Ability to complete field work independently without supervision
Desired, but not mandatory, qualifications include:
- California Professional Engineer license or ability to obtain within 1 year and active NCEES account with ability to acquire additional licenses.
- Ability to prepare design drawings, specifications, equipment, and construction requests for bids, evaluate bids, manage subcontractors, perform engineering services during construction and construction observations.
- Capable of performing and leading project and field quality control (QC) activities. Prepare daily QC reports, photo documentation, and maintain field logs.
- Experience with federal government clients including the Air Force, Navy, USACE.
- Experience presenting data and using GIS and data visualization tools.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD or similar CAD software tools for project execution.