Are you a talented and experienced Geotechnical Engineer with a passion for project management? Do you thrive in a multidisciplinary engineering environment, tackling complex challenges, and delivering innovative solutions? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as a Senior Geotechnical Engineer/Project Manager at a leading multidisciplinary engineering firm in Houston.
My client is a reputable engineering firm known for delivering comprehensive solutions across various disciplines, including geotechnical engineering, civil engineering, environmental engineering, and more. With a strong focus on client satisfaction and technical excellence, we take pride in our ability to successfully execute projects of all sizes and complexities, serving a diverse range of industries.
Job Description: As a Senior Geotechnical Engineer/Project Manager, you will play a pivotal role in leading and managing geotechnical engineering projects from conception to completion. Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Providing technical expertise in geotechnical engineering and performing geotechnical analyses, site investigations, and soil testing.
- Conducting geotechnical design and analysis for various projects, including foundations, earthworks, retaining structures, and slope stability.
- Preparing comprehensive geotechnical reports, proposals, and recommendations for clients, stakeholders, and regulatory agencies.
- Managing project budgets, schedules, and resources, ensuring successful project delivery within defined constraints.
- Collaborating closely with cross-functional teams, including civil engineers, environmental scientists, and construction professionals, to ensure seamless project integration.
- Providing mentorship and guidance to junior engineers, promoting their professional growth and development.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with clients, actively seeking new business opportunities, and participating in business development activities.
Requirements: To qualify for this role, you should possess the following qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, or a related field. A Master's degree is preferred.
- Professional Engineer (PE) license in the state of Texas
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in geotechnical engineering, with a proven track record of managing complex projects.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of geotechnical engineering principles, soil mechanics, and relevant industry codes and standards.
- Proficiency in geotechnical software, such as gINT, PLAXIS, or similar programs.
- Excellent project management skills, including the ability to manage budgets, schedules, and resources effectively.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate with multidisciplinary teams, clients, and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities and the capacity to mentor and develop junior engineers.
- A proactive approach to problem-solving and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.