We have a current opportunity for a Senior Environmental Scientist on a permanent basis. The position will be based in Long Beach. For further information about this position please apply.
- Developing project plans in coordination with Senior Project Manager, supporting bid and proposal efforts, and communicating directly with clients
- Managing and conducting site assessment; surface water quality; hydrogeology; and environmental risk management studies and services
- Overseeing and performing field studies, data gathering and sampling activities at sites including soil and groundwater sampling, groundwater flow and hydrogeological data evaluation, chemical data and contaminant fate and transport evaluation, well installation
- Client service and identifying client needs
- Working closely with Senior Project Managers to deliver projects on schedule and budget
- Preparing technical reports, proposals, and cost estimates.
- Managing subcontractors
- Bachelor's or Master's degree from an accredited university in environmental science, geology, hydrogeology, or civil/environmental engineering or other related science with at least 5 years of demonstrated consulting experience
- Operational knowledge of computer databases and office programs (MS Access, MS Excel, MS Word)
- OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER Certification
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to prepare reports and proposals
- Excellent writing and analytical skills a must