Position: Senior Engineering Manager with Business Development Experience
Location: Dallas, TX
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Senior Engineering Manager with Business Development experience to join our team in Dallas. The ideal candidate will be responsible for managing geotechnical engineering projects from inception to completion, and actively participate in business development activities to help grow our geotechnical services.
- Provide leadership and technical expertise to a team of geotechnical engineers and geologists on various projects, including slope stability analysis, foundation design, earth retention systems, and soil mechanics analysis.
- Lead the preparation of proposals, project budgets, and schedules for geotechnical engineering projects.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with clients and work collaboratively with other disciplines to deliver high-quality geotechnical engineering services.
- Participate in business development activities such as networking, building relationships with potential clients, and identifying new business opportunities.
- Assist with developing and implementing business strategies to promote growth in the geotechnical engineering business unit.
- Conduct site investigations, prepare geotechnical reports, and provide recommendations for foundation design, slope stability analysis, and earth retention systems.
- Provide oversight and quality control of field investigations, laboratory testing, and construction monitoring activities.
- Review and approve geotechnical reports, technical specifications, and drawings prepared by other team members.
- Participate in industry associations and conferences to stay up-to-date with the latest geotechnical engineering practices and technologies.
- Bachelor's degree in Geotechnical Engineering or related field, with a Master's degree preferred.
- Professional Engineer (PE) license in the state of Texas
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in geotechnical engineering, including project management and business development experience.
- Strong technical knowledge of geotechnical engineering principles and practices, and experience with geotechnical software such as gINT, Slide, and PLAXIS.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively communicate complex technical information to clients and team members.
- Proven track record in business development, with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain strong client relationships and identify new business opportunities.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to travel as needed for project assignments and business development activities.
If you meet the qualifications for this position and are interested in joining our team, please submit your resume and cover letter for consideration. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all qualified applicants.