Who We Are Looking For:
An experienced and motivated Electrical Engineer to join our electrical engineering group. The successful candidate will be joining an established, respected, and growing team providing a range of electrical engineering services to our practices across the firm. As an Electrical Engineer you will work on electrical distribution, relaying, power generation, motor control, and lighting projects for our industrial, water, wastewater, municipal, design-build, and plant operations clients on a regional and national basis. You will interface with clients to understand their power, lighting, and motor control requirements for municipal, utility, and industrial facilities. You will also prepare and coordinate engineering reports, studies, calculations, drawings, and specifications. In addition, you will perform construction phase services such as shop drawing review and contractor oversight and will carry out QA/QC functions to ensure accuracy and adequacy of work products.
This position level is flexible based on experience and qualifications of the candidate. Candidates with related electrical engineering experience ranging from 7+ years of experience are encouraged to apply for this position.
Primary office location is flexible in the Southern New England area as is consideration for Virtual status within that same geography.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Act as a technical lead for large sized projects, including having substantial interaction related to all technical tasks associated with the project.
- Responsible for overall technical content and quality of project deliverable.
- Responsible for directing complex engineering work for clients.
- Supervises, coordinates, and reviews the project work of technical staff and works to meet completion date.
- Performs or oversees QA/QC procedures (e.g., TATs, formal project reviews, etc.) for overall project.
- May be responsible for providing feedback/guidance on staff development in technical area of expertise.
- Provide mentoring in area(s) of expertise to staff.
What You Will Need To Succeed:
- B.S. degree in applicable engineering or science field from an accredited college or university, M.S. degree preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years of professional work experience (minimum 5 years with an M.S. degree) in a technical position or equivalent demonstrated competency.
- Professional Engineer (PE) Registration in at least one state and willingness to apply for reciprocity in states where projects are located, as needed.
- National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying (NCEES) record, as appropriate.
- Membership in respective professional societies.
- Strong attention to detail, analytical, and organization skills.
- Superior writing, communication, presentation, and collaboration skills.
- Ability to interface with co-workers, project staff, various clients, and government agencies.
- Demonstrated skills and abilities required to partner with a project manager to deliver a large, complex project.